Saturday, October 3, 2009

Snickerdoodle Blondies

This recipe is so simple I almost feel silly posting it. Cinnamon sugar tops a soft, vanilla-kissed blondie for a slightly new take on the snickerdoodle experience. They're also fairly low in fat, because when you have the ravenous sweet tooth that I do, some kind of damage control is in order. Curl up with these bars and a cup of tea or some soymilk for ultimate coziness. Or, you know, eat them with a PBR tallboy while playing video games. Whateves.


Topping:
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Blondies:
1/3 cup non-dairy milk
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp. canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients and the sugar. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Spread into a lightly-oiled 8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes.

9 comments:

nora said...

i wouldn't feel dumb posting it! it's a good idea :)

Susan said...

Mmm... I think cinnamon sugar makes pretty much anything irresistible!

Heather said...

I came to the realization a few days ago that snickerdoodles are in my top 3 favorite cookies ever. What does that mean? Uh, well, I am making these ASAP. Except I am trying to quit sugar. Darn you, woman!

L said...

I didn't know this recipe, so you were no way silly posting it!

Becca Elouise said...

Hope you like 'em, Heather! Sorry for being a sugar enabler.

Anonymous said...

These sound amazing!

Northeast Yarn Ho said...

Oh, yum! As soon as I'm back in my own kitchen (I'm out of town atm), I'm making these!

Unknown said...

These looks really good. I'll probably make these. Yay whole wheat!

Anonymous said...

this recipe is a "why didn't I think of that?!" kind of thing. i am so making these for my next dessert.