1. Favorite non-dairy milk? Almond milk foreva. Specifically Almond Breeze Original.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook? BBQ tofu, french toast, and punkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? I usually just go with salt, but my favie is melted earth balance.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? I can't remember the last time I made something that was totally inedible. I will generally find a way to salvage anything unless it is, like, actually covered in turds.
5. Favorite pickled item? Okra.
6. How do you organize your recipes? Theoretically, in a folder. In reality, I don't.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Usually trash.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)? Peanut butter, pesto, and sweet potatoes.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? My older brother making me hot chocolate every Christmas morning before the rest of the family woke up.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream? Peanut butter cookies and cream from Sweet Action. HOLY BALLS. Favorite store-bought ice cream is So Delicious Mint Marble Fudge.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance? I am in the midst of a torrid love triangle with my griddle and my grill pan. Neither one knows, and must never know, about the other.
12. Spice/herb you would die without? Garlic. I consider "too garlicky" to be a blasphemous phrase.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? Pasta For All Seasons
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Raspberry
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend? Pfft, like I'm friends with omnis.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? Tofu
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? Brunch is my favorite meal, though my favorite time of the day to cook is probably night.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? Cereal, dog biscuits, and lots o' tea.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. A knob of ginger, Boca burgers (don't judge me), and several ends of loaves of bread, which I save for making bread crumbs and croutons.
20. What’s on your grocery list? Whatever I need for my planned meals on any given week, plus almond milk and bananas.
21. Favorite grocery store? I love my little neighborhood Whole Foods. It's within easy walking distance from my apartment and it has a small, personal feel. It's less overrun with yuppies and more with bike kids/punks/hippies. I must also give props to Publix (and miss it dearly now that I no longer live in the south), and was very impressed by Earthfare when I visited Asheville a few years ago.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet. My dad's stuffing, though I suspect it will just be a matter of using EB instead of butter. So that doesn't really count.
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3? It's hard to say. The one I browse the most often for recipes is Fatfree Vegan.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? Chocolove! And it's local to me.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? A box of Purely Decedent Chocolate Almond ice cream bars.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with? It's not an ingredient so much as an accessory, but I have an irrational fear of the cheesecloth.