Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saving the world, one vegan bake sale at a time

A few weeks ago I participated in a vegan bake sale to raise money for the relief effort in Haiti. The bake sale was held in Boulder, where I met some lovely people and sampled some delicious treats. My contributions were oatmeal cream pies and chocolate peanut butter whoopie pies, because, seriously, who doesn't love a cookie sandwich? The sammies were a big hit, if I say so myself, and were accompanied by rows of luscious cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, zuchinni bread, donuts, and various other delectable vegan treats which were met with great reception. It was a fun and inspiring day, to be sure. We raised around $2800, and all together vegan bake sales around the country (and Canada!) have thus far raised almost $40,000 for Haiti. It's times like these when I'm especially proud to be part of such an amazing community.

group shot courtesy of Rachel

No comments: